phoenix house Counseling Center
521 N. Quincy St.
Arlington, Virginia 22203-2106
703.841-0703 ext. 1 • Fax: 703-841-2316
Phoenix House Counseling Center Location:
200 N. Glebe Rd. Suite 104
Arlington, Virginia 22203-3728
Phoenix Counseling Center DESCRIPTION
- Founded in 1998
- Services for teens, young adults and adults
- Open year-round
- Located in Arlington, Virginia and Washington, D.C.
- Diagnostic substance abuse assessment
- DUI assessment
- DWI assessment
- Substance abuse assessment
- After school and evening programs
- Individualized treatment plans
- Family programs
- Random drug testing
- Relapse prevention and after care
Phoenix House Counseling Center emphasizes self-awareness of addiction, with each client learning how to assume personal responsibility for his or her recovery.
To meet the needs of the clients we serve, counseling is comprehensive and based on a disease model approach. There are several levels of individual, group and family counseling. Program length varies and is based on an individual's progress and clinical condition. Certified counselors employ a traditional 12-step model based on Alcoholics and Narcotics Anonymous and individual and group counseling.
Youth counseling is held daily after school. Adult counseling is held in the evening after work. Family involvement is encouraged through weekly "Concerned Persons" groups. If needed, individual family counseling is also provided to support recovery.
Know the signs of substance Abuse
Following are a few warning signs that may indicate unhealthy alcohol or drug use. Chemical dependency, like any other disease, requires early intervention and treatment. Left untreated, the disease of addiction can be fatal. If you notice signs in a student, friend, family member or coworker, call Phoenix Counseling Center for an extensive and confidential evaluation.
- Mood swings; sudden changes in personality with no known cause
- Loss of interest in hobbies, sports or other activities
- Sudden decline in performance or attendance at school or work
- Changes in friends and reluctance to talk about new friends
- Deterioration of personal grooming habits
- Forgetfulness or difficulty paying attention
- Changes in sleep patterns or appetite
- Slurred speech, bloodshot eyes
- Drug paraphernalia hidden in car room or office
- Sudden aggressive behavior, irritability, nervousness or giddiness
- Increased secretiveness or heightened sensitivity to inquiry
A staff member will set up an assessment appointment, generally within one day. Phone screening available, as appropriate.
Clients are accepted regardless of race, gender, age, national origin, or religious practice(s) insofar as the Phoenix Counseling Center's licensure allows. Special needs are reviewed case by case. For individuals who do not qualify per licensure requirements, we will make appropriate referrals to other institutions that provide similar services.
All clients must be:
- age 13 or older
- have a primary diagnosis of chemical addiction
- in good physical health, psychiatrically stable
We accept self pay and most major insurance carriers as well as CSB, DSS, DJJ, CSA funding, and we work with your insurer to arrange coverage for services. Payment programs are also available.
addiction treatment Works!
Vanguard has a 65 percent completion rate, exceeding the nation average.
In addition, more than 70 percent of Vanguard clients who complete treatment remain in recovery, when surveyed 90 days following graduation.
We watch our graduates change old habits to rejoin their families, jobs and communities and lead productive, fulfilling lives.
How you can help
Support from caring people like you helps us treat people in our community who are striving to make positive changes in their lives. To help, please send you tax-deductible contribution to the address above. You can also donate online in minutes by visiting our donations page.